Welcome to this incredible Huarache recipe, a traditional Mexican dish that captivates both for its flavor and its visual appeal. Originally from the central region of Mexico, the huarache is a kind of corn tortilla that is grilled and covered with a variety of delicious ingredients..
- 4 medium huaraches
- Easy to prepare
- Simple ingredients
- 2 cups of corn dough
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup of refried beans
- 1 cup of meat of your choice (roast, shredded chicken, chorizo, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of green or red sauce
- 1/2 cup of crumbled fresh cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Lettuce leaves, washed and chopped
- Salt to taste
For the tortilla base (huarache):
- In a bowl, mix the corn dough with a little water and salt, until you get a smooth and manageable dough.
- Divide the dough into portions and form oval or huarache-shaped tortillas, approximately 1 cm thick.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and place the huaraches in the hot skillet, without oil. Cook each side for a few minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove the huaraches from the pan and let them cool slightly.
To cook the meat:
- In another skillet, heat some vegetable oil and add the meat of your choice. Cook until cooked through and season to taste with salt and spices of your choice.
- Spread a generous layer of refried beans over each huarache.
For the huarache:
- Place the cooked meat over the refried beans.
- Add the sauce over the meat, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumbled queso fresco over the sauce.
- Garnish each huarache with avocado slices, chopped onion, and lettuce leaves.
And ready! Now you can enjoy your delicious Mexican Huarache. Serve hot and accompany with additional sauce and lemons if desired. Enjoy!
Don´t forget to share your final result!