In this Classic Hamburger Recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps to craft a classic hamburger that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure as we unlock the secrets to making a burger that surpasses any fast food joint. So, roll up your sleeves, fire up the grill, and let’s dive into this flavorful journey!
- 2 burgers
- Easy to prepare
- Homemade class burgers
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef (80% lean, 20% fat)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, pickles, cheese slices, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.
- Preheat your grill or stovetop griddle to medium-high heat. Make sure it’s clean and lightly greased.
- Divide the ground beef into four equal portions, shaping each portion into a round patty about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Handle the meat gently, avoiding over-packing or squeezing too tightly, as it can result in a dense burger.
- Season each side of the patties generously with salt and pepper, or any other desired seasonings.
- Place the patties on the grill or griddle and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they reach your preferred level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of 130-135°F (55-57°C). Add a slice of cheese during the last minute of cooking, if desired, and allow it to melt.
- While the patties are cooking, lightly toast the hamburger buns on the grill or in a toaster.
- Once the patties are cooked, transfer them to a plate and let them rest for a couple of minutes.
- Assemble your burgers: Place a cooked patty on the bottom half of each toasted bun. Add your desired toppings, such as lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc. Feel free to customize it to your liking.
- Top with the remaining half of the bun and gently press down to hold everything together.
- Serve the hamburgers immediately while still warm and enjoy!
- You can also cook the patties in a skillet on the stovetop if you don’t have access to a grill or griddle. Simply heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add a little oil, and cook the patties for the same amount of time.
- Feel free to adjust the recipe according to your taste preferences and add your own creative twists to make it truly your own. Enjoy your homemade classic hamburgers